Question regarding offline html5 for android

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • Hello all. I am currently working on a project, and when it’s finished I plan to export it through NW.JS for PC and html5 for everything else. Maybe even the scirra arcade if people like it enough.

I’m wondering if users with android devices are able to download the folder that gets exported from the html5 export option and play the game offline directly from their device without need of internet connection.

Since iOS users can’t exactly store folders or transfer such files (without jailbreaking anyway), I remember having to use Dropbox to save the bookmark of the index.html to play the games offline, but it never seemed to TRULY offline.

So yeah, just want to know if it’s possible. I’ve never owned an android device, but I figured if the user downloads the html5 folder with everything inside and transfer them to an sd card, if it’s possible for them to play the game through their device without requiring an internet connection. That would be ideal. Thank you!

• All HTML5 games exported from Construct work offline.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • HTML5 games needs to be hosted online though.

You do not provide the users with the HTML5 folder, you host that folder online and have them visit the URL at least once from their browser.

Once it is done, the content is downloaded and the game can be accessed back, even offline.

Otherwise, you export your game for mobile as instructed : scirra.com/manual/122/testing-and-publishing

• HTML5 games needs to be hosted online though.

You do not provide the users with the HTML5 folder, you host that folder online and have them visit the URL at least once from their browser.

Once it is done, the content is downloaded and the game can be accessed back, even offline.

Otherwise, you export your game for mobile as instructed : scirra.com/manual/122/testing-and-publishing

Does it really? Even if the project has over 100mb+ of stuff?

Is there no limit to how much it can cache from the game?

• Most browsers impose a quota based on a fraction of the available disk space. Construct 3 can tell you this in the About dialog - for example on my system it's got a quota of 31 GB. It will vary depending on the device though.

• I use Construct 2 tho. Does it still apply?

• Yes - offline support works identically in C2 and C3.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)