Question on loading process

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • Hey there,

maybe someone has insight into when C2 (or more precise: the game exported via C2) loads the layouts.

Are all of the layouts being loaded at the very beginning of the game, the loader layout?

Or is a single layout being loaded as soon as one changes to it?

I'm asking because currently, I use one layout for a whole game and change scenes by spawning and destroying them (there is a specific reason for that). On mobile, spawning big sprites causes lags. So I'm thinking about converting everything into seperate layouts, if they are loaded at the beginning.

• Hey there,

maybe someone has insight into when C2 (or more precise: the game exported via C2) loads the layouts.

Are all of the layouts being loaded at the very beginning of the game, the loader layout?

Or is a single layout being loaded as soon as one changes to it?

I'm asking because currently, I use one layout for a whole game and change scenes by spawning and destroying them (there is a specific reason for that). On mobile, spawning big sprites causes lags. So I'm thinking about converting everything into seperate layouts, if they are loaded at the beginning.

hi, regarding at layouts i have found this, but me too im a bit confused about loader layout :

In Construct 2, images are loaded layout-by-layout. This means when a layout starts, every object on the layout is loaded in to memory immediately. This is to avoid mid-game pauses as textures are loaded on the fly. When the layout ends, it will free all the images in memory not used by the next layout, and load any new images the next layout uses. This means your game's peak memory use is based only on the layout with the most images, rather than all the images in the project. So you can happily have something like four different "worlds", e.g. forest, snow, desert, and space, all using different sets of images - and the "snow" world won't make the "forest" levels use any more memory.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well, that's bad. That way there will be lags when changing the layouts. I'll do some tests.

EDIT: Question has been answered by the C3 manual:

https://www.construct.net/de/make-games/manuals/construct-3/tips-and-guides/memory-usage

Layouts are loaded individually. If one wants to create big sprites, ione should include them in the layout view. That way the loading of the layout takes longer, but the sprites can be created lag-free.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)