Hi Scirra team...
I have been scouring the net for a game engine that is as painless as possible for someone who has mainly worked with the visual side of things. Tried all of them: Torque 2D/3D, Game Maker, Unity 3D (this one def no go), Blender Game Engine and tons of others.
Anyway, finally got my hands on Construct 2 and did the tutorials and I think this app has a huge potential. So I'm highly considering getting an Early Adopter license. I have read the FAQ but I still have the following I need answered:
1) Does the license cover future editions of Construct 2? Eg: Construct 2.1, Construct 2.5, etc?
2) I am assuming the licenses will only cover Construct 2.x and not far future versions like Construct 3.x?
3) Is the cost a monthly/yearly thing or is this a one time thing?
4) Do you prefer orange juice with pulp or without? <img src="smileys/smiley1.gif" border="0" align="middle" />
1. It covers all releases of Construct 2
2. You are correct, when Construct 3 comes out (we're not even at the planning stage for this yet!) it will be most likely a separate product. A lot can change by then however.
3. One time cost, but there may be addons (extra exporters) that come at additional cost.
4. I'm indifferent :) If I had to pick though it would be smooth