problem with xdk

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • i dont know if i should post here but at intel's xdk forum i dont find any usefull answer so if someone knows please help me.

i ran xdk 240(?) version an old one so i tried today to update it. at the updating process the xdk crashes and said about a problem...Then i go to the xdk site and manually i download and instal 505.when i ran it it poped up a window saying that :

"xdk encountered a problem and must restard." I check my java version 7, 51build.i unistall both java and xdk i search for leftover files i delete them and install again java and xdk. But the same message..Has anyone here face a problem like this.Is there a solution?Or should i wait until the next build?

the log is this:

The xdk:server: Http server started on the standard port 58889

editor:server: Startup complete, serving on port: 51732

client:navbar: navbar options: {"updatePollingInterval":1800,"forceUpdate":false}

xdk:client: Unexpected exception while initializing "project-manager" (maybe crash): TypeError: Cannot call method 'getRootDirectory' of undefined

TypeError: Cannot call method 'getRootDirectory' of undefined

at checkProjectExists_ (file:///C:/Users/spy.spy-PC/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:22604)

at lazyOpen (file:///C:/Users/spy.spy-PC/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:1110)

at eval (file:///C:/Users/spy.spy-PC/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:23049)

From previous event:

at loadProjectList (file:///C:/Users/spy.spy-PC/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:23015)

at eval (file:///C:/Users/spy.spy-PC/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:27514)

at _fulfilled (C:\Users\spy.spy-PC\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\public\external\js\q.js:880:54)

at resolvedValue.promiseDispatch.done (C:\Users\spy.spy-PC\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\public\external\js\q.js:910:30)

at makePromise.promise.promiseDispatch (C:\Users\spy.spy-PC\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\public\external\js\q.js:557:13)

at Object.eval [as _onImmediate] (C:\Users\spy.spy-PC\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\public\external\js\q.js:436:41)

at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:330:15)

xdk:client: Unexpected exception while initializing "persistance" (maybe crash): TypeError: Cannot call method 'getRootDirectory' of undefined

TypeError: Cannot call method 'getRootDirectory' of undefined

at checkProjectExists_ (file:///C:/Users/spy.spy-PC/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:22604)

at lazyOpen (file:///C:/Users/spy.spy-PC/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:1110)

at eval (file:///C:/Users/spy.spy-PC/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:23049)

From previous event:

at loadProjectList (file:///C:/Users/spy.spy-PC/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:23015)

at eval (file:///C:/Users/spy.spy-PC/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:27514)

at _fulfilled (C:\Users\spy.spy-PC\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\public\external\js\q.js:880:54)

at resolvedValue.promiseDispatch.done (C:\Users\spy.spy-PC\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\public\external\js\q.js:910:30)

at makePromise.promise.promiseDispatch (C:\Users\spy.spy-PC\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\public\external\js\q.js:557:13)

at Object.eval [as _onImmediate] (C:\Users\spy.spy-PC\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\public\external\js\q.js:436:41)

at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:330:15)

[Log closed from xdk:client]

• I have the near the same problem can't install the new version from 240

• spy84 - Can you uninstall old version first and delete the directories? Then, reinstall new version?

• yes i did it but nothing. i use another unistaller not windows to scan for leftovers and delete those as well i delete the directories i reinstall it but nothing same problem.

I deactivate antivirus i install it again i check for any issues with my pc with tune it up-like program for registry problems or other issues, nothing also.

i install it in my gfriends netbook and it run ok. netbook has 32bit windows i use 64bit.i'll try to install it in ubuntu to see if its ok there but as c2 cant run under linux its a problem.. the thing is that intel doesnt have any previous builds so im stuck with 505.Many people have problems with automatic update and offline update/install so lelts hope that they solve the problem.But for now there is no solution for my problem.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • problem solved i install the exe file from a friends pc with 32bit os and now i can run it.so if you want delete the topic

• How?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)