Problem - Pixel to meter in CS2

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Per Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (perfect performance, no third party plugins)
  • Hello guys! This is my first time using CS2 and I have to make a physics educational game so I had the idea of making a car race where the user can input the speed, acceleration, etc.

Having said that, I want my speed input to be in meter/sec so I decided to search the conversion pixel to meters and I found 1 pixel (X) = 0.0002645833 meter. So, the speed and acceleration entered by the user(asked in m/s and m/s2 respectively) are divided by 0.0002645833 so CS2 can understand them as pixels. Then again, I ran some tests and it doesn't work at all, I got results way too far from the corrects. I don't know if I messed up with the conversion or the engine does not work with real conversions.

Note: I'm setting the speed entered by the user as "Max speed"(Pathfinding) and acceleration as "Acceleration"(Pathfinding).

Thanks guys!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There is no such thing as pixels per meter in-game. Maybe you looked up the physical size of a pixel on a computer display? How many pixels are equivalent to a meter depends entirely on your game design. For example if you draw an atom with electrons flying around, a pixel is extremely small. If you draw the entire planet Earth floating past, a pixel is very large. It's up to you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)