Problem with Drag & Drop - Delay on Movement

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Run and Jump in 3 Dimensions! Take your platformer to the next level!
  • I'm pretty sure I've read something about it on this forum before, but could not find again.

Well, since I started using the construct, I noticed that when using behavior, "Drag & Drop", the object always has a delay to follow the movement of the mouse / touch.

I can imagine some of the reasons for that to happen, but it has some way to avoid this problem? Any tips?

Thanks for the personal attention.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am afraid that it is not possible. I think the object is lagging behind the actual mouse cursor because 60 ticks per second aren't enough for precision positioning. You can notice that is you set any Sprite to follow the mouse coordinates (every tick---> Sprite| set position (mouse.X, mouse.Y) and it falls behind exactly the same amount as the drag&drop object does.

It really bothers me too, I want to make custom corsairs and other stuff that follows the mouse position and the lagging is very noticeable. The only workaround I've found is the "set the cursor from sprite" action, but it has its drawbacks since it only supports a fixed size and it will scale the Sprite to that particular size (I think it's 26x26 pixels).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)