Problem :(

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
  • Hi guys, i have a problem with my Backups files...

for some reason when i save my project, for some reason the files

.capx.backup1

.capx.backup2

.capx.backup3

get bigger overtime...

for example i save one time and the files become 700mb i save 10 minutes later and the files become 1.4gb i save 5 minutes later and the files become 2.6gbs... i dont know wy its doing this to me...the project does not have any big sprites or graphics...

when the files become bigger... everytime i save the saving takes up to 30 minutes... its really annoying. can someone give me support :/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The non-backup save is fine though?

I'm not seeing that with my current project. I'm still using 152.8 because it's been running since the update came out.

• the .autosave file and the .caproj and the .capx files in my backup folder are fine... about 3mb each... the .backup files are the ones giving me problems... this started happening to me about 3 or 2 releases ago... i dont understand....

• It sounds like and just a hunch. that your backups or autosaves are being put into one the of the C2 directories(as an example Files). IF this is the case then your backups will expoentially get larger as each CAPX backup is also storing the prior backup.

Just hunch. Check over your back up directories. This might not be the problem at all, but the size growth seems to indicate some kind of duplicate backking up of some sort.

• It sounds like and just a hunch. that your backups or autosaves are being put into one the of the C2 directories(as an example Files). IF this is the case then your backups will expoentially get larger as each CAPX backup is also storing the prior backup.

Just hunch. Check over your back up directories. This might not be the problem at all, but the size growth seems to indicate some kind of duplicate backking up of some sort.

i will try and report results... it will take a while becuase im going to wokr for some time and see if the files get bigger... thanks!

• i changed the directory of the backup folders... and all its working fine for now... i will keep testing...

• I had same problem a few months back, and the problem was that each backup was saving my project AND past backups, so when you've saved about 50 times, it's backing up 50 of those backups into a new backup, which adds up fast lol

• I had same problem a few months back, and the problem was that each backup was saving my project AND past backups, so when you've saved about 50 times, it's backing up 50 of those backups into a new backup, which adds up fast lol

and what you did to solve it?? :)

• Oh right yeah sorry, forgot the solution! :P

If I remember correctly, my backup directory was IN my project folder (so like "C:/User/Username/Documents/My Construct 2 projects/Project/Backup"), so I changed the backup directory to some place outside my Project's folder :D ("C:/User/Username/Documents/Construct 2 Backup/")

• Oh right yeah sorry, forgot the solution! :P

If I remember correctly, my backup directory was IN my project folder (so like "C:/User/Username/Documents/My Construct 2 projects/Project/Backup"), so I changed the backup directory to some place outside my Project's folder :D ("C:/User/Username/Documents/Construct 2 Backup/")

WOW!! just the thing i did right now... and i was testing :) but now that you tell me that it worked. its a joy!!! :D thanks!!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)