Preloading sounds in the loader layout

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
75 explosion sound effects. Essential for many games, Explosions Sounds contains a mix of explosion and impact sounds.
  • Hi,

I want to preload my sounds in my game but I can't understand why they are loaded before the loader layout? Isn't it ment to be there to preload data and optimize the waiting time?

For now when I activate it, the players see the "Loader style: percentage text" for a minute and afterwards they come to my loader layout where they have to last again for a minute to see the next selfmade percentage text, which in my opinion is very confusing and "ugly".

In another topic people already asked for a feature to preload all sounds. There wasn't an answer so I'm trying to request this feature again . So, I have already over 150 sounds and I realy dont want to preload them all one by one.

Finally: Is it a bug or is it ment to be preloading sounds before the loader layout? Can we get a preload-all-sounds method for the loader layout? Please?

Thanks!

• Pre-loading sounds is not really the best way to handle to sound files. I don't know why you want to pre-load sound files or what platform you are using it for but you should really read the manual on how to handle sound and music files which will make clear why you're seeing the loading bar.

• Oh how friendly... That is not very helpfull and constructive. Indeed for me it is the best way to preload them. Good that its better for you to do it in another way. I did read the manual and there is nothing said about what I mentionend - as far as I know.

Perhaps you should really read my question? I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a loading bar! I say, that Construct 2 gives you the settings for a loader layout, to load data (images) there, and now sounds are loading before the loader layout... so that there are 2 loading layouts following each other (first music, than images) before the game starts. Please show me where this is explained in the manual, if I didn't get it.

But correct me if I'm wrong. In the manual/tutorials is only explained how to use the preload option in the project settings and that you can preload sounds individually. Did I miss something? Is there another way to handle that?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Scroll down to preload sounds:

https://www.scirra.com/manual/66/projects

There's a bit about it here as well:

https://www.scirra.com/manual/109/audio

You have 3 options as far as I see:

• Use the preload sounds project setting to download all sounds and load them into the memory at the first loading screen.
    • You use the manual preload sound action from the Audio object to preload the sounds on your loading layout. But you'll have to do this for every sound.
    • You don't preload the sounds.

What platform are you developing for btw?

• hey, thanks, but I read these manuals and they don't give further informations.

In the first link, its said: "Preload sounds

Whether to download and decode sounds before the game can start. If Yes, then sounds will be downloaded while the loading bar is showing. [...]."

So option 1: There is still my question why it is loading BEFORE the loader layout you can set yourself. Feature request: Can we configure it to be loading WITH the images?

option 2: Please no. Feature request: A preload all sounds function.

option 3: that's a bad way to preload sounds .

I'm developing for computer/ browsergame.

another question: is this the right place for feature requests? I did not found another thread. cause even I dont no if its a "bug" that sounds and images are loaded separately. In this case I would post it there.

• option 2: Please no. Feature request: A preload all sounds function.

Could be useful. So I +1 this.

another question: is this the right place for feature requests? I did not found another thread. cause even I dont no if its a "bug" that sounds and images are loaded separately. In this case I would post it there.

It's a good place for that just as any other topic. Just ask Ashley to take a quick read at this.

• Seems as if it doesnt work...? So, again... Ashley, could you have a look? .

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)