Should you preload Banner Ad every time you want to show it?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Time rewind like in "Braid". Choose objects that will be affected by time rewind
  • Hi i have a question about AdMobs Banner and Interstitial Ads. My question is when exactly do you need to preload them. Say in the main menu i preload a Banner Ad and when its ready i make the Banner Ad show but when the game starts i hide it so it doesnt detract from the gameplay. Once i get back to the Main Menu should i preload a Banner Ad again or is the previous hidden Banner Ad still loaded and ready to show? The same question goes for Interstitial Ads, do i have to preload them every time i want to show them? Or preloading once is enough?

• im curious too on this one! O.O il grab some popcorn while answer is incoming!

• I want to know it as well. Also is the cache and preload are the same thing?

• Yup guess im not the only one in doubt here =S

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Good question! I'm curious as well. But on my first game I did preload everytime.

• Right now im preloading once just in the main menu. But still waiting for more qualified answer.

• Does it have a on preload completed trigger condition?

Kind of pointless to preload without knowing that it's finished don't you think?

• Does it have a on preload completed trigger condition?

Kind of pointless to preload without knowing that it's finished don't you think?

Yes ofcourse but thats not what im asking.

• Well, when you preload something you do so to make sure that it's ready when you want it.

It doesn't matter if you call it if that's not something you're worried about.

Theres also a good chance that it might not be ready even if you do.

• Well, when you preload something you do so to make sure that it's ready when you want it.

It doesn't matter if you call it if that's not something you're worried about.

Theres also a good chance that it might not be ready even if you do.

I know why you would preload an Ad, what i dont know is if you need to preload every time you show the ad, see the example in my original post.

• No. It wouldn't have an option if it did.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)