Post-Update Issues

  • Every time I update to the next "stable" version of Construct 2 I have capx files that worked perfectly fine in the previous version but won't run properly in the updated version. Most of my projects will run but with lots of minor bugs that didn't exist previously, some won't run at all, returning errors stating things like the cpx file is missing.

    When I didn't have as many projects, and when my projects were simpler, it was easy enough to debug or rebuild, but it's starting to get seriously annoying. Is anyone else having this problem, is it something I'm doing wrong?

  • Every time I update to the next "stable" version of Construct 2 I have capx files that worked perfectly fine in the previous version but won't run properly in the updated version. Most of my projects will run but with lots of minor bugs that didn't exist previously, some won't run at all, returning errors stating things like the cpx file is missing.

    When I didn't have as many projects, and when my projects were simpler, it was easy enough to debug or rebuild, but it's starting to get seriously annoying. Is anyone else having this problem, is it something I'm doing wrong?

    It would help everyone if you also stated what problems you are encountering, preferably with a .capx that demonstrates your problem, so we can help test it for you with our setups.

    There has been an issue lately with audio that was caused by Chrome but anything else should really be posted in the Bugs section if you are positive you have a bug.

  • Every time I update to the next "stable" version of Construct 2 I have capx files that worked perfectly fine in the previous version but won't run properly in the updated version. Most of my projects will run but with lots of minor bugs that didn't exist previously, some won't run at all, returning errors stating things like the cpx file is missing.

    When I didn't have as many projects, and when my projects were simpler, it was easy enough to debug or rebuild, but it's starting to get seriously annoying. Is anyone else having this problem, is it something I'm doing wrong?

    I have the same issue. The timing of everything gets whack where I have to readjust everything. Or, for example, variables don't work the same as they used to. It's so pervasive I can't really list in great detail how everything messes up. I'm just not going to update from now on since C2 is basically finalized anyway, unless some extraordinary new function gets added or a critical bug fix. Thank god someone else noticed. I was starting to think I was causing it to happen and was about to rip my hair out from frustration.

  • It would help everyone if you also stated what problems you are encountering, preferably with a .capx that demonstrates your problem, so we can help test it for you with our setups.

    There has been an issue lately with audio that was caused by Chrome but anything else should really be posted in the Bugs section if you are positive you have a bug.

    Well the thing is I'm not actually sure if it is a bug or not. It could just be something I'm doing wrong. I was mostly hoping someone else experienced in the same issue might be able to point out what to do. I'd post a capx but it only affects my large projects.

    In addition to the cpx error another example would be that there is a shooting game I am building where since the update the projectiles now spawn about 50 pixels away from the gun they're being fired from. I know there are a lot of quick fixes for things like this, but the problem is every time I update all of my projects are suddenly chock full of these little problems that didn't exist before.

  • I have the same issue. The timing of everything gets whack where I have to readjust everything. Or, for example, variables don't work the same as they used to. It's so pervasive I can't really list in great detail how everything messes up. I'm just not going to update from now on since C2 is basically finalized anyway, unless some extraordinary new function gets added or a critical bug fix. Thank god someone else noticed. I was starting to think I was causing it to happen and was about to rip my hair out from frustration.

    Yes, exactly! I'm definitely not updating again unless I know how to stop this from happening in the future. If it has happened to at least us two hopefully it has also happened to someone else who knows what this is about.

  • Yeah. An actual example of something that happened was I have a fake Z coordinate for air height on my objects. I had a tower of objects relying on air height to work right. It was fine and then I updated. Instead of it placing them above each other, they got shifted in Y coordinate and the air height variable wasn't even working. I had to perform some minor tweaks, but it's frustrating figuring it out when you didn't even do anything wrong.

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We strive to ensure every update is 100% backwards compatible. We are very careful when making any code changes to ensure that existing projects are guaranteed to work identically. This is for the most part verified by the lack of bug reports indicating regressions and we have a good track record on this. Any time we make breaking changes, we carefully document this and describe it in the release notes, although these cases are few and far between. Looking at the recent releases, I cannot think of any technical reason that would cause any significant changes to projects. If you do encounter issues, please file an issue following all the guidelines and we can take a look. Otherwise my best guess is the changes are caused by something else other than the updates.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)