We're releasing our game on Steam shortly, and we've noticed a very unfortunate thing - when loading different layouts, it is increasing the memory usage in the task manager (it seems to be for any sprites/tiles that have not been loaded into the game yet). When going to a new layout, it doesn't seem to do any garbage collecting for the previously loaded objects.
I've checked my code and object count and didn't find anything. Also, of the few objects that are global, none of them are being created ever (so there is no build up of objects). I've even tried deleting most of my code and switching layouts - still nothing. We are using node-webkit.