Is it possible for individual project files to exceed 100mb in size?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • I've recently been thinking about moving a large project of mine from Google Drive, over to GitHub for obvious reasons. GitHub has a hard limit of 100gb, so the total size of the project isn't something to worry about for me personally. What I find worrying however, is the strict limit of 100mb per file.

Is it possible for a C2 project (using folder save), to have a single file that exceeds 100mb in size?

• Probably, but if you saved as a project folder it might negate that.

I mean the c3p file could easily get to over 100. If that's what you mean.

We need a better name for project folders...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Probably, but if you saved as a project folder it might negate that.

I mean the c3p file could easily get to over 100. If that's what you mean.

I'm already saving as a project folder. I'm just worried that C2 files (not game assets) will exceed 100mb at one point, if that's even possible.

• Aside from assets there's no Construct files like that.

Unless you stuck the Nwjs files in there.

And there's no way you could get a config file to that size, unless you have some unrealistic expectation of what can be put in variables, or events. I mean you would be talking about events in the hundreds of thousands.

• Aside from assets there's no Construct files like that.

Unless you stuck the Nwjs files in there.

And there's no way you could get a config file to that size, unless you have some unrealistic expectation of what can be put in variables, or events. I mean you would be talking about events in the hundreds of thousands.

Thanks for reminding me on the NWjs stuff. Forgot how bloated some files are in there. Gonna avoid putting exports on GitHub, rest should be fine then.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)