Positioned audio + Layout rotation

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
100+ Musical High Quality Sound Effects for your game!
  • Just wondering if it's planned to make the positioned audio affected by layer/layout rotation.

for example: When the layout is rotated 180 degrees, an object that was on the left of the player will now be on the right, but sounds played at that object will still be heard from the left speaker.

thanks

• I don't see that as likely to happen. Rotating layouts/layers only affects the visual representation of the game, not the logic. No behaviour, like bullet or 8-direction movement, is affected by the rotation.

Depending on your purpose, you might find that simply rotating a central object that the audio sources are pinned to, to be sufficient, as seen in this example.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I do see what Keepee is saying, The sound is marked to come from the player, and the player is now on the other side, albeit upside down, the sound should still follow the description in the event. "Play audio at an object and track it's movement." (from the edit action window tooltip)

• Paradox, Sure, you'd think so, but on a logic level the objects are still in the same place. Rotating the layout/layer is simply a visual change presented to the user.

• This does sound like a case where the audio position should follow the visual representation, though. Post a bug report for it.

• GeometriX

Rotating layouts/layers only affects the visual representation of the game, not the logic. No behaviour, like bullet or 8-direction movement, is affected by the rotation.

I'm making a platformer with a fair amount of gravity-rotating.

When you trigger the gravity to flip 180 degrees, the character turns upside down and then the layout rotates to match his angle. What was the ceiling is now the floor, and as you can imagine, any objects to your left or right are now on the opposite side relative to you.. if any of these objects were emitting a sound, it'd be coming out of the wrong speaker, see what I mean? It makes sense for it to 'follow the visual representation' as ashley put it.

Come to think of it, you'd want this to happen in top down games too.. I can't imagine a game where you wouldn't want the audio to match the visual.

Also you're right about the movement behaviours, which is one of the reasons i've done my own, layout angle relative

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)