Populate C

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
  • I know, C3 will be HTML5 as usual, but I'm interested to know how this kind of competition might affect the forthcoming C3 release:

[quote:1qbgod08]Export C Code & Populate C In Real Time Users are able to export their product from Fusion 3’s visual interface to C code at the press of a button. Impressively the new development environment also supports the ability to populate C code as you work.

http://www.brokenjoysticks.net/2016/03/19/clickteam-fusion-3-hopes-revolution-indie-game-development-world-premiere/

• how this kind of competition might affect the forthcoming C3 release

If any.

• Probably not at all. I mean what would most users do with such source code? It won't look very readable since a lot of things would have to be done in c to match the events. It's kind of like manipulating the js of an exported project if it wasn't obfuscated.

What get's me from watching the second video is it looks like things are still have the same design they had from Klik n play.

• Probably not at all. I mean what would most users do with such source code? It won't look very readable since a lot of things would have to be done in c to match the events. It's kind of like manipulating the js of an exported project if it wasn't obfuscated.

What get's me from watching the second video is it looks like things are still have the same design they had from Klik n play.

Struck me that way too, they added some switch slidey bits (probably to appeal to touch users?) but left in the chessboard and bouncing ball defaults.

And good point with that js similarity.

• It might look a bit better than than the js but still. The resulting code will be very much dependent on their runtime and most things that would be possible to tweak would be better made into a plugin I'd think.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This feature sounds much more useful:

"Modular Design – Power users are able to develop new editors, tools and extensions directly from within Fusion 3 without the need for writing extensions in other IDE environments. Essentially this means that you can code new functions and behaviours into Fusion 3 within fusions itself."

• This feature sounds much more useful:

"Modular Design – Power users are able to develop new editors, tools and extensions directly from within Fusion 3 without the need for writing extensions in other IDE environments. Essentially this means that you can code new functions and behaviours into Fusion 3 within fusions itself."

Yeah, I *THINK* C3 is going for something like this?

• > This feature sounds much more useful:

> "Modular Design – Power users are able to develop new editors, tools and extensions directly from within Fusion 3 without the need for writing extensions in other IDE environments. Essentially this means that you can code new functions and behaviours into Fusion 3 within fusions itself."

>

Yeah, I *THINK* C3 is going for something like this?

Ashley said that after the release of C3 there might be a possibility for that too, but just as a later feature. I think it's an important (and very complex, thus hard to make) feature. Almost everyone is talking about this right now in the visual programming area, and there are engines that are under development to support this (for ex.: Clickteam Fusion 3, Spark Engine).

Yeah, you can do this if you export to NW without minifying and I've actually found that pretty useful in a couple of situations. It would be kinda cool if Construct 3 let you manipulate the underlying code at will before export, but not necessarily worth it for the devs to add that functionality within the program.

• > Probably not at all. I mean what would most users do with such source code? It won't look very readable since a lot of things would have to be done in c to match the events. It's kind of like manipulating the js of an exported project if it wasn't obfuscated.

>

Yeah, you can do this if you export to NW without minifying and I've actually found that pretty useful in a couple of situations. It would be kinda cool if Construct 3 let you manipulate the underlying code at will before export, but not necessarily worth it for the devs to add that functionality within the program.

Good point, could be interesting if changes in the code could reflect in the editor.

• Good point, could be interesting if changes in the code could reflect in the editor.

That's not really possible since you can do things in js/c that don't translate directly to events.

The modular idea sounds good but it'll have to wait to see how it works. For construct this is tricky because events are all over the place, so it's hard to handle all cases.

• > Good point, could be interesting if changes in the code could reflect in the editor.

>

That's not really possible since you can do things in js/c that don't translate directly to events.

Precisely my thoughts.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)