Playbook OS 2.1

0 favourites
  • I missed this thread, i developed a prototype app with Webworks SDK and got approved in App World.

I can share the experiences, or maybe we can wait when Blackberry 10 comes out in early 2013, it's newer than Android and iOS.

• Wow, thx Joannesalfa

How about HTML5 performance on BB10?

Is that perfomance as good as in Playbook OS 2.1 ?

And how to integrate 'HTML5 exported files' from Construct 2 to BlackBerry Webworks SDK?

Thx for reply :)

• the performance should be even better cause the its an updated version. its closer to what theplaybook final OS will be than 2.1 sooo thats why i really want to test it out. but I need a game that i can test it with. thats in a .bar

• Wow, thx Joannesalfa

How about HTML5 performance on BB10?

Is that perfomance as good as in Playbook OS 2.1 ?

And how to integrate 'HTML5 exported files' from Construct 2 to BlackBerry Webworks SDK?

Thx for reply :)

I haven't tried my game on BB10, they say it's decent and better than Playbook OS 2.1

Simply export a C2 game, then create an xml file which is required to configure the init and permission, also create icons, go to ripple to test if it's fine, then link to SDK where can compile html5 to .bar, make sure to sign the app before to host the app in appworld. That's all.

• when will playbook os2.1 officially come out?

• _

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Simply export a C2 game, then create an xml file which is required to configure the init and permission, also create icons, go to ripple to test if it's fine, then link to SDK where can compile html5 to .bar, make sure to sign the app before to host the app in appworld. That's all.

Seems like C2 could set up all this automatically like it does with the Visual Studio setup for Win8

• What do you add in the XML file like exactly lol can you post it here. :P also is the XML file the same thing as the config.xml file if so again what do u add to that file lol

• when will playbook os2.1 officially come out?

Likely not, i believe Blackberry 10 will replace Playbook OS in 2013.

• What do you add in the XML file like exactly lol can you post it here. :P also is the XML file the same thing as the config.xml file if so again what do u add to that file lol

There a lot of options like permission to use geolocation, camera, send info, etc.

Also it has options without permission like lock orientation, icons, splash screen, etc.

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/code_sample_creating_a_bb_widget_config_document_834683_11.html

• Hi,

I made some tests using C2 and Blackberry Webworks. I believe there is a problem with the sound. The first appearance of each sound works well, but when there is a second attempt to play the same sample it just plays twice. Do you have the same experience?

I was tested the test apps on my Playbook (not simulator)

• Hi,

I made some tests using C2 and Blackberry Webworks. I believe there is a problem with the sound. The first appearance of each sound works well, but when there is a second attempt to play the same sample it just plays twice. Do you have the same experience?

I was tested the test apps on my Playbook (not simulator)

Playbook doesn't play .ogg sounds, only .m4a, it looks like you need to edit them in c2runtime.js because C2 decided to use .ogg as first time, then .m4a is fallback causes playing twice.

• Joannesalfa oh, so that's the problem.

I have same problem when test

http://www.scirra.com/labs/spaceblastertouch

in my BlackBerry10 Dev Alpha OS version 10.0.4

For first time when loading that link, the FPS 30-40 and sound is so good.

But after the enemy come in, the FPS going slow to 2-3 FPS and sound effect get problem too.

Is BlackBerry 10 OS 10.0.9 (new update) have a better HTML5 support?

I'm still not try this new update from BB10.

How about you, Joannesalfa?

• Joannesalfa oh, so that's the problem.

I have same problem when test

http://www.scirra.com/labs/spaceblastertouch

in my BlackBerry10 Dev Alpha OS version 10.0.4

For first time when loading that link, the FPS 30-40 and sound is so good.

But after the enemy come in, the FPS going slow to 2-3 FPS and sound effect get problem too.

Is BlackBerry 10 OS 10.0.9 (new update) have a better HTML5 support?

I'm still not try this new update from BB10.

How about you, Joannesalfa?

Are you using a BB10 Alpha Device? or a simulator?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)