Pathfinding Behavior

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Units do not overlap each other and use different ways if there are several free ways.
  • I recently started porting an old project of mine (adventure point and click made with wintermute at the time) to construct 2.

My character is made with spriter and i am using the pathfinding behavior to move it around obstacles (cell size 40, border -1).

I got 2 strange bugs:

1. When the character switches direction (mirror) there is about 2-3 seconds delay before the path is calculated, if i continue walking in the same direction, no matter how many obstacles or distance i walk, the calculation is almost instantly.

I tried increasing the cell block size, or cutting down the sprites obstacles to min 4 instances, but nothing helps.

2. Sometimes when i switch direction while the character is still moving in the other direction, the character does a strange semicircle shaped sine movement.

Anybody encountered these problems?

here is the demo:

https://googledrive.com/host/0B3JLq-yXZ ... d6VllESzQ/

• Which version of construct 2 are you using

• Latest stable 163, but i checked there were no updates regarding pathfinding in 164/165.

• I think you're meant to report this as a bug, with an example cpx.

• I will, as last resort, i wanted to see if anyone has encountered these bugs or already reported them before i do.

• Seems that the pathfinding object is just turning. Try increasing the turning rate.

• Great! thanks, it helped!

I thought that this param only applies when Rotate Object is set to YES, it didn't even cross my mind to check it!

Thanks again.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Seems that the pathfinding object is just turning. Try increasing the turning rate.

Hey, that actually helped me with my game too! I got so carried away with other things that I kinda glanced over rotation speed since I'm just using the box as a pathfinding device that the characters are pinned to. But now they can turn around the other direction faster. Cool stuff.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)