Do particles still use memory when invisible?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Particles support animations, collisions, effects and etc.
  • Just wondering, I have several particle effects set to 'continuous spray' and pinned to my sprite, so I can turn them on and off by toggling their visibility. Does they still use up the same memory when invisible? It's not a performance issue at the moment but I wanted to know if I'll take a hit by adding more and more of these.

• even whey they are invisible, the location of each single particle has to be calculated.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think invisible just means "do not render me on screen"

You could maybe check if it is invisible to make it spawn nothing in that case

• That's cool, I just set it to create, pin and then destroy after 0.4 seconds, same effect. Thanks!

• Hi,

accourding to the engine, the invisible objects are used by engine and he reserve them some memory.

try to put a bullet sprite invisible and fire it, you will see that he do the job !

i'm not a Construct 2 developer, but i'm a programmer and i know that Construct 2 is a normal software that is built with a C++ or whatever language that uses variables or memory.

in coding languages, the compilators reserve memory for variables even not used by user.

• Hi,

accourding to the engine, the invisible objects are used by engine and he reserve them some memory.

try to put a bullet sprite invisible and fire it, you will see that he do the job !

i'm not a Construct 2 developer, but i'm a programmer and i know that Construct 2 is a normal software that is built with a C++ or whatever language that uses variables or memory.

in coding languages, the compilators reserve memory for variables even not used by user.

In that case, they are actually used by the engine (something invisible still exists and still works the same way, as the name says, it is just not visible, nothing more nothing less). It concerns more destroyed objects that are recycled whenever possible so the browsers don t take too much time cleaning the garbage (since there is no control over that), which is why I suggested to do less work on invisible objects if he can

• Yes they will still use memory.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)