I'm in the process of learning Construct 2, and started to try my hand on making a simple Sokoban clone.
Since such a game is grid based, the movement should be constrained to the grid's cells.
However, I noticed something that I thought was a little weird, and I hope someone can enlighten me about it.
File URL (not allowed to post links yet - but just remove the space from behind the https:// and you'll get it):
Description of linked .capx file
- A small room built from 32x32 pixel wall segments
- Within, a "player" object (also 32x32 pixels) resides
- All the walls and the player are aligned to a 32x32 grid
- The "player" is movable by repeatedly pressing the arrow keys, jumping 16 pixels (half a grid cell) in wanted direction
- Any wall segment that is overlapped by the "player" will be half transparent
The weird part of this is that even though the "player" is placed next to a wall, that wall will be considered overlapped by the player.
I guess this is by design, but it feels like it's not really overlapping, or am I missing something terribly obvious?
Thankful for any help