Opinion on Custom EXE Wrappers

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports keyboard, mouse and gamepads. Supports several gamepads at once.
  • What's the general census on making your own EXE wrapper for your Construct 2 game? I sort of wanted to do this for my game but I've read some things like you need IE9 if you make one in visual studio and this further limits your demographic due to the problems with IE9, for example. I was wondering what this community's attitude was toward the concept and if you guys can give any pointers to good platforms to use or in general for making one's own wrapper if any of you recommend it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Why don't you want to use node webkit?

• I don't don't want to use it per se, it's just I like to look at all the available options and get an idea of what would work best for my needs.

• You don't have to use ie9, you could also use firefox's or chrome's engine as well. That being said you're probably better off using nodeWebkit since it was picked because it has good compatibility and performance. There are other wrappers around the internet you could use to wrap the html5 export of your game as well. It would be a last resort to make your own wrapper in most cases since it would be time consuming and probably require expertise to improve on existing wrappers.

• One idea I had for why I considered a custom made one is because of the way my game submits scores to the server. But I can eventually just encrypt the scores rather than what I did. Only problem is, I don't know how to encrypt strings yet in C2.

Thanks for your input.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)