To open with old version of Construt 2.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Dynamic, heavy and powerful rock themes. 11 music tracks.
  • Hello guys and girls I'm facing a terrible problem, because I used the Construct 2 to make a game, everything ok worked perfect, but sentí need to use an older version with 2x lower release, and now what happens is that It is unable to open this great project I did in the newest release. Is there any way to open a new project in an older release? or convert the new project in an earlier edition? similar to what happens with MS Office Word, typical example to save a .docx document in .doc, internally.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • sielxm3d

This has been covered numerous times and is found easily via search. This will only work as long as you haven't made use of any new features after r195.

Summary:

1. Go to the project file. If it's a .caporj file, skip step 2.

2. If it's a capx, unzip it (capx are just zip files basically).

3. Now, open the caproj file in a plain text editor.

4. Look for the following string, minus quotes: "<saved-with-version>". It's only a few lines down from the top.

5. You'll see this tag has a 5 digit number; it's the c2 version padded with 2 zeros (so, r200 will look like 20000). Change the first 3 digits to match version you want to revert to, i.e. 19500.

• Wow! well, it worked perfect, thank you was all I wanted. Better than redoing the entire project again in an older version.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)