No ogg files created??

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • Hi,

I bought a new computer today which runs W8.1

Installed C2, latest beta but the project I was working on did not have .ogg files

I figured that it might be a glitch with the latest beta so I reverted to r.168 just to finish my project.

SAME THING!

What am I missing?

I create and import .wav files into the sounds folder but all I can see in there are only the .m4a and .wav files. No .ogg get's created.

Help?

• Hi,

I bought a new computer today which runs W8.1

Installed C2, latest beta but the project I was working on did not have .ogg files

I figured that it might be a glitch with the latest beta so I reverted to r.168 just to finish my project.

SAME THING!

What am I missing?

I create and import .wav files into the sounds folder but all I can see in there are only the .m4a and .wav files. No .ogg get's created.

Help?

When you import them, does it says something during the conversion?

• Aphrodite

WOW, YOU are good!

I never noticed that. Indeed, after I select the files and press OK, the second window displays an error on all .wav files.

Converted to AAC but failed to convert to OGG

I am on a new computer running W8.1 and only C2 is installed on it.

Strange!

• https://www.scirra.com/manual/52/import-audio

The wav isn't a unique format (I wont get into too much details, but since you have a new computer, it may encode it differently), you might want to check how they really are, since it is recommended to use PCM from the C2 manual.

If you really cannot make it work out, you can use audacity to export wav files into ogg files yourself, then import them into C2 (just make sure the filenames are the same)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I was just reading about how W7 machines had to do that manually .... so, thanks for suggesting this work-around.

I just imported the .ogg files and now ... it's time to ether sleep or work until the sun comes up.

Thank you!

• Alright, there is a PROBLEM!

C2 no longer created .ogg files.

I just got my laptop back from repair (runs W7) and it did the same thing as the new W8.1 machine.

I am running the latest stable release 173.

Because I work a lot if audio (all my apps depend on it) this is annoying.

What has changed??

• We haven't changed the encoders recently. What format are the WAVs? They are probably in a format the AAC encoder can read but not the Ogg encoder. Try making sure they're 16-bit PCM WAVs at a standard sample rate, e.g. 44.1KHz.

• I record my audio in GarageBand and export a aiff audio file.

Then I open the *.aiff audio file with Audacity, select and export the region I need as:

WAV (Microsoft) signed 16 but PCM

There is a "Options" button but for the selected format, no options are available.

The weird thing is that at the beginning, it all worked without a hitch.

Anyway, I re-use most of my sound samples and by now have all the extensions I need.

Eventually, i will examine the .aiff file with GarageBand spits out and see if a different export format will work as expected.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Btw: I LOVE C2! If it wasn't for C2, I'd still be making Flash apps which is a dead end solution.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)