NW.js exported game doesn't launch

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hi everyone,

Tonight, I was showing my game at an event for a couple hours already, when suddenly the game shut down. I tried to relaunch it, either the windows 32 bit or 64 bit version (it's a NW.js export) but none ever worked. So I started Construct 2, started a preview with NW.js, and after the quick "starting preview" gauge, nothing happened!

Every attempt to run any version of the game with NW.js simply doesn't start. The only way is to make a preview in Chrome, then it works. I guess a HTML5 build should work too.

I tried reinstalling the latest version of NW.js and reexporting but it changes nothing.

Any idea of what's happening and what I can do? I need to show my game again tomorrow and I would like to use the NW.js version rather than a HTML5.

Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT :

I've found this bug report from WeneW, which is the exact problem I have. Did you find a solution to your problem?

• [quote:2xb7x7xd]Tonight, I was showing my game at an event for a couple hours already, when suddenly the game shut down. I tried to relaunch it, either the windows 32 bit or 64 bit version (it's a NW.js export) but none ever worked.

There is a log-file in the folder of your game, so you could see what goes wrong when you start it.

[quote:2xb7x7xd]I tried reinstalling the latest version of NW.js and reexporting but it changes nothing.

Did you uninstall the previous version before? Was the previous version 0.12?

For Construct 217 and higher you need 0.13 and if you install 0.13 over 0.12 you can get very bad side effects.

What you can try:

delete the folder with the name of your game in %userprofile%\AppData\Local\

(I don't know where the folder ist in Windows 10)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah try and backup/delete the "User Data" folder in Users/<username>/Appdata/Local/<yourgamefolder>/. I had the same problem and this fixed it for me. Some kind of bug in nw13 beta 2 if I remember right.

• Issues with data seems to be fixed with RC2, local storage files for app protocol AND indexed db files should be migrated

• Thanks for the replies. I deleted the folder as advised in the first reply and now it works!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)