Notification API

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Scirra, do you plan to add Notification API for browser plugin?

I noticed there a bell icon on my taskbar, it's Chrome notification, it would be useful for simulation games and others that use timers.

• Would it really be useful? What kind of alerts would you want a game to bring up?

Also currently the engine stops running when it goes in to the background to save CPU and battery, so it would probably only be able to alert when you're already looking at it.

• Ashley Doesn't engine preserve real time variables when it's unfocused? I guess we probably discard this idea.

the alerts were like when they notifty us about a new building is completed for by 4 hours

• Also currently the engine stops running when it goes in to the background to save CPU and battery, so it would probably only be able to alert when you're already looking at it.

Can we prevent this somehow? Especially with the new multiplayer features, it seems that the game will go wildly out of sync if you switch to another tab. This applies even in the desktop, I think, where the game goes to 1fps in the background.

Can you imagine if league of legends booted you if you alt-tabbed? Ugh.

• The multiplayer engine already keeps the game alive when switching in to the background, but only when you're the host, since otherwise the game would hang for everyone. There shouldn't be any serious consequence to putting the tab in the background when playing as a normal peer. I would really hesitate to allow this in any other circumstances because it will drain battery, spin up laptop fans, and so on - it's obnoxious to leave a resource-heavy process running even when in the background.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley why don't disable behavior and group events while the engine is running when it's unfocused?

• Well, it does already, it disables everything.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)