NodeWebkit - 1 action more

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
11 loops of RPG, chiptune/8-bit music. Suitable for any pixel art game.
  • Hi Scirra!

I'm really love your product. Now I'm working with plugin NodeWebkit added in 130 release. So I want to ask u to add one action to this plugin. This action is - Move file to. I really need this action, hope I'm not alone with this idea.

I tried to do the folowing thing. First - to add to global value the text of the file (expression - NodeWebkit.TeadFile(Path)) and then - to write file (appropriate action) in the needed directory, but this doesnt work (tested with .jpg file)

I believe u can do this not really difficult thing and help me a lot))

• Have you tried copying the file then deleting the old file?

• That's I'm talking about. As I can see there are no action to copy or to move file. Just "append to file", "create folder", "delete file", "list files", "rename file" and "write file" and nothing else. U can see me screenshot of actions: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20574093/nodewebkit.png

• Oh, you're right, it's not there :P I'll try add it for the next build.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley, thank you very much 4 your support!))

• And 1 more thing I want to add))) There will be very nice if u'll do the action "execute file" as it was realized in CC))) Thanks before)

• 1 more thing would be to make fullscreen performance the same as windowed.

• - I think that's already the case for computers running vista (when aero is enabled), win 7 and 8. I don't know about Mac and Linux, though I suspect for Mac it would be the same.

• Arima This is getting mentioned everywhere all the time :P

.And since it is getting mentioned again, I'll rethrow in that I get better performance as of last time I checked, when the game is windowed, and even better performance if I shrink the window. Changing from Areo and whatnot doesn't seem to affect it noticeably in my experiences... :D It's not my immediate goal to have, but I have friends with puny computers and would love for them to be able to comfortable check out my game :P

• When scaling to a larger window size it drops the performance dramatically on every platform, for me.

• on scaling point

I don't find this is a C2 isolated issue my computer seems to have improved performance when windowed and shrinked

Amnesia is example of this

Mirror's Edge

so I don't think is something can FIX in C2 but can optimize to decrease difference - which is something C2 probably does since Ashley seems pretty on it

• Arima This is getting mentioned everywhere all the time :P

.And since it is getting mentioned again, I'll rethrow in that I get better performance as of last time I checked, when the game is windowed, and even better performance if I shrink the window. Changing from Areo and whatnot doesn't seem to affect it noticeably in my experiences... :D It's not my immediate goal to have, but I have friends with puny computers and would love for them to be able to comfortable check out my game :P

I thought he was talking about the hardware accelerated window manager issue.

When scaling to a larger window size it drops the performance dramatically on every platform, for me.

Yeah, being able to render at 720p and display at 1080p would still be useful. I thought you were referring to a window the same size as the screen.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)