on node-webkit freeze or input lag issue

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • As I said in my first post in the thread, I have not encountered this problem before (mostly used preview instead of exports). Just wanted to see if I could reproduce the problem (as described by megatronx) and help to produce some files rogerwang could test with.

Can see if I can export some more with node-webkit and see if they also get freezing problems. But would probably be great if they who first reported problems with freezes or input lag (I have not noticed this yet) could post some files for rogerwang.

• Lunatrap, could you please also prepare an URL as describe in the first post?

I cannot reproduce it with Giganten 's URL. It looks like hardware specific but more cases might be helpful. If I cannot reproduce it in the end, I may have to build a version with some diagnostic feature and then let you run it in your system.

• Giganten what about the URL on the same system (where original node-webkit freezes) with Chrome 35? It can be downloaded from

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • rogerwang - No links, try to seal your URL, like this:

yoururl.com/%3C%3C

• Exported a file with two text objects that displays random numbers and a sprite with drag and drop and touch input. Have not noticed any freezing in there yet.

So I did another test with four sprites with platform behavior that randomly goes left, right and jump. This export freezes.

Took the same file again and added touch input and exported. Have not noticed any freezing yet.

Tried with the file I posted here and add touch input same result haven't observed any freezing yet.

Either touch input does something or it's completely random if the export gets freezing problems or not. Ashley do you have any idea?

• Giganten - can you prepare a demo like what rogerwang asked for when the freezing occurs?

• Exported a file with two text objects that displays random numbers and a sprite with drag and drop and touch input. Have not noticed any freezing in there yet.

So I did another test with four sprites with platform behavior that randomly goes left, right and jump. This export freezes.

Took the same file again and added touch input and exported. Have not noticed any freezing yet.

Tried with the file I posted here and add touch input same result haven't observed any freezing yet.

Either touch input does something or it's completely random if the export gets freezing problems or not. Ashley do you have any idea?

Hmm, you might be onto something. I was worried eventually my games would run into this issue..

All my builds have Touch Object (due to cross-platform games) set to Use Mouse on. I don't use Mouse Object.

I also never use the Platform behavior.

• My test was involving only 4 sprites with sin movement. That's it and no Platform behavior. And the exported "game" would start freezing around 20 mins in. Before that I had a normal prototype that would freeze from time to time in same fashion ( and if i remember correctly it was even in preview ), I ignored it, because I thought it might have been my fault. But it kept freezing so I just left that prototype and started new project. That was a year or two years ago. Now the test with 4 sprites was done several months ago.

• rogerwang

i have tried my best to wrap my head around what are you asking... but i dont get it...

im not that expirienced with the original NW wraper...i always use the automatic method that c2 has

can you expand on your instructions???

• rogerwang

maybe this is what you are asking??

A easy test on NW 0.10.2 (FREEZES)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4wi9rcq2corm ... 2.rar?dl=0

A easy test on NW 0.10.0 (FREEZES)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx7xezmdq7vg5 ... 0.rar?dl=0

A easy test on NW 0.8.6 (THIS VERSION DOES NOT FREEZES)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/swf0clrynzrqe ... 6.rar?dl=0

all of this is after 15 minutes of testing

i recomend you to run it for atleast 15 minutes...

sorry if this is not what you are asking for, but i dont get very well what its your instructions...

thanks... i hope i can help....

im going to try on 0.9.0 versions to see..

• Here is the NW 0.9.2 version (IT FREEZES)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5nn9sb7k5yp50 ... 2.rar?dl=0

for now the only one that does not causes the freeze its 0.8.6

please... i need this working :/ i was planing to start my indeigogo on december...

but now, i cant realese anything in this state... its unplayable

• Lunatrap, I mean you should export your game as HTML, put it to some online place to get an URL. Then make sure the game under the URL works well with Chrome 35, but works badly when you start plain node-webkit and navigate to the URL.

• A Chrome 35 version I can find is here: >>http://www.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php<<

• Ok, this is interesting. I opened nwtest.capx from Giganten and tried it out on Windows 8.1 64-bit on an i5 2500K with Radeon HD 6850 (C2 178).

When I preview as node-webkit from inside C2, everything works great, but when I make a real node-webkit export, the win32 program freezes occasionally for 1-2 seconds. It goes down to 0 CPU during the freeze and I cannot exit the program until after the freeze. Usually it freezes once or more just a few seconds after I start the program, but sometimes it runs fine for minutes. I haven't managed to get any freezes in the preview node-webkit so far.

Ashley What difference is there between running a preview node-webkit and making a full node-webkit export?

Maybe it's related to some js minification that occurs in full export but not preview?

• Here's a URL with the HTML export of the app:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/242 ... index.html

I tried running it in stand-alone NW 0.10.2 win32. It seems to have similar freeze issues. Although it seems to work slightly better, after about 10 refreshes I got a big freeze of 10 seconds after about 1 minute. It's a bit tricky to reproduce as it requires some waiting, and seems to be randomly distributed.

Haven't tried Chrome 35 yet.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)