Node output different to node preview

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Node Downloader is a plugin for download file for Construct 3 and construct 2 game engine
  • There are some annoying issues with the output on a project exported to node-webkit compared with the previewed output from within C2.

The main one for me is the colour bleed of stretched sprites. In the preview they look fine, but the actual output is poor. What does C2 do in the export it doesnt do in the preview ?

I have no compression on exported images either so it cant be that.

• Hey spongehammer I've never noticed that in any of my exports/previews, could you post images of that colour bleeds? Maybe I'm not paying attention to my exports after all..

• I've noticed this too. It's a chrome issue I think. It's pretty annoying.

• It's probably a side-effect of spritesheeting on export, which would happen with any exporter, not just node-webkit.

• I have figured out what causes it and how to mitigate the problem, at least in my case.

I have a sprite which has 6 frames, each one a different solid colour. They happen to be 256x 256

The first frame is blue, second green, third red etc.

I place a sprite and resize it for my needs and set the frame to 0 (blue). When i preview its fine but on export i see the edges of the sprite go from blue to green. Changing the frame to green the edges fade to red and so on.

The way i have found to stop this is basically to double the number of frames. So 2 x blue, 2 x green, 2 x red etc. Then by using frames 0,2,4 it stops the colour bleed.

Hope this makes sense and is of some help.

• I have figured out what causes it and how to mitigate the problem, at least in my case.

I have a sprite which has 6 frames, each one a different solid colour. They happen to be 256x 256

The first frame is blue, second green, third red etc.

I place a sprite and resize it for my needs and set the frame to 0 (blue). When i preview its fine but on export i see the edges of the sprite go from blue to green. Changing the frame to green the edges fade to red and so on.

The way i have found to stop this is basically to double the number of frames. So 2 x blue, 2 x green, 2 x red etc. Then by using frames 0,2,4 it stops the colour bleed.

Hope this makes sense and is of some help.

If you add one transparent pixel of border all around each frame, does the problem still occurs?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Aphrodite

Yes i have tried that and it makes no difference.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)