New Feature Request - Solid Ignore Select Solid

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • I've been requesting this for 2 years now.

• This is indeed very useful. Perhaps a tagging system like the shadow casting has...?

• I would love this as well. Right now I have a platform on one PC that a second PC can jump on. Unfortunately, the first PC collides with this object placed over them, and causes some unwanted side-effects. Having collision selectively enabled for just the other PC would be wonderful!

• To add to the requests, I'd love to see the solid behaviour fully expanded -

Collision groups

Directional solidness, similar to jump-thrus, but more, objects can be limited based on simple directions (up,down,left and right) or an angle range.

• The feature could save alot of time and lines of codes, but it isn't implemented yet right?

So... does anybody have a another solution?

• Apparently I just did my own hitbox detection, sorry for double post!

• Lots of other engines have this feature, or, rather, allow you to write it yourself. You'd have to go very, very far out of your way to do that in C2 though.

Perhaps it's more difficult to add than we think. It's been a request for over 2 years now and no word from Ashley.

Either way, it'd definitely come in handy.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Perhaps it's more difficult to add than we think. It's been a request for over 2 years now and no word from Ashley.

>

Then again, we've been waiting for a global boolean for possibly longer. It's possible that Ashley never thought about it.

For what it's worth, a global variable with the default of 0 and the simple addition of a switch/toggle function as a single event in every project has replicated any use I can see for a global boolean.

But a comment on the solid behaviour would be nice.

• True, still I do appreciate every little bit of C2! I just wrote a nice looking game with lots of lots of functions below 300 lines of codes. You can still work around everything, I don't mind polishing some of my coding skills .

So thank you Ashley and of course Team Scirra for the fast & smooth engine!

• Y'know if we quit using behaviors and taught people to use events to write their own, as it should be, then everyone could do this and much, much more themselves. And learn quite a few things in the process. Juuust saying.

• Y'know if we quit using behaviors and taught people to use events to write their own, as it should be, then everyone could do this and much, much more themselves. And learn quite a few things in the process. Juuust saying.

I still don't know, how could I make platform movement without behaviours. Could Ashley or someone else create a tutorial explaining how this could be done and workings of math used ( for jumping )? Thx!

• The platform behavior is very complicated. It supports things like running up and down slopes while the direction of gravity changes, and has had a lot of work done to avoid edge case bugs when doing things like reaching the top of a jump-thru when at exactly the peak of a jump. This is what behaviors are for: to solve these difficult problems for you, so you don't need to address them in events.

• For those unaware and still following this request, Rojo's Chipmunk physics has collision filtering -

• Bumping this topic

So I understand that this basic feature is not implemented even now ... Can someone give me some pointers how to work around it ? I have 2 players in the same screen and I need each one to have collision with specific objects.

• Found the walkaround: Write my own platform behaviour using events

I've tried using only 1 object with platform behaviour and the other one moved by events and switch between them, but the behaviours are executed before events so it still not working as intended. So for a simple task that was requested dozens of times before and is still not implemented I have to try all sorts of walkarounds ...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)