New way to export into APK, Please give your feedback

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Hi,

Today I tried something different to export the html into APK.

I am a basic4android user. b4a is a simple and easy tool to create Android apps. I thought I could try this b4a to export html into app.

The concept is simple, I use a basic layout in b4a with webvew and then I call the local c2 index.html in it. In my moto G first version, I get about 45 FPS. Can you please download and check this apk and give me your feedback on the speed please,

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/131 ... copter.apk

The only reason I chose b4a is that I am annoyed to add ads in it with confusing and slow ways. I think now I can do simple games export with b4a itself.

Thank you,

• 9 FPS on a Lenovo A10-70 Tablet, i dont think this export method is an alternative, you should compare to XDK Android Export.

I dont get how you managed to get 45 FPS on the 1st gen Moto G.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • fldr oops, that is indeed very slow if it is 9FPS.

Thanks for your time in checking my apk. May i know what compiler you use to build APK?

• im using Intel XDK, once you get used to it, its fairly simple. With XDK you have the choice to build the APK with Crosswalk or "normal" Android, normal android build runs on webview, means the browser engine that comes with android, while crosswalk will add chromium to your apk and that will execute your game.

Webview can be very slow or buggy on different devices/os versions, while crosswalk will perform better on many of these devices but it will also be like 50MB more when installed. Best is to test both build options against each other on a weak device.

• I get 26~31 fps on my Galaxy S4 ... It may be because S4 have an 1080p display, but is still kind of slow.

You should test Intel XDK or CocoonJs to see if you get better fps.

• I get 26~31 fps on my Galaxy S4 ... It may be because S4 have an 1080p display, but is still kind of slow.

You should test Intel XDK or CocoonJs to see if you get better fps.

Thanks. Yes, I prefer cocoonjs. Because, XDK seems very slow to work with,

Thank you,

• Any service that uses the Android webview should work fine on Android 5.0+, since the webview supports WebGL, Web Audio and auto-updates through Google Play for the latest features. However for Android 4.0-4.4 you really need Crosswalk to get a decent browser engine to run the game - the webview sucks real bad on those Android versions.

• Ashley Thanks for your input.

I really tried b4a just because, I thought intel XDK is somewhat a tedious process.

Suppose, if b4a has the support of webview+ or webview with webgl, I would have definitely chose that one.

BTW, Ashley, Is not it better to create a eclipse or Android studio template with crosswalk webview in it? So, a user like me just need to replace the folder "www" and compile the files into APK easily. Moreover, Android studio or even Eclipse can handle all the signing process too.

Just wanted to ask. I am sure you know a lot and have already researched it,

Thank you,

• BTW, Ashley, Is not it better to create a eclipse or Android studio template with crosswalk webview in it? So, a user like me just need to replace the folder "www" and compile the files into APK easily. Moreover, Android studio or even Eclipse can handle all the signing process too.

Because we target primarily non-technical users. Asking non-technical people to "just" install the Android SDK doesn't make much sense IMO, so we tend to guide people to publishing services like the XDK that handle it for you. Of course if you know how to do a custom Cordova build yourself, go for it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)