New C2 Update still breaks Win10 exports? (WinJS)

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Hi. Just updated C2 and tried to create a app pack for Win10 in Visual Studio but it shows this error:

Unhandled exception at line 5, column 2 in ms-appx://microsoft.advertising.javascript/ad.js

0x800a1391 - JavaScript runtime error: 'WinJS' is undefined

This happened in the beta and I was told by Ashley it will be fixed when its released as stable version. But it seems its still broken?

When I disable the JS Ad SDK I get another error but I need it to show ads.

Unhandled exception at line 521, column 118 in ms-appx://9064ac0d-c2b3-486f-b2cf-21086a86a3a4/c2runtime.js

0x803f6107 - JavaScript runtime error: Unknown runtime error

Any ideas?

PS: Do I need to add another reference to make it work on Xbox One? I cant enable it in dev center with the last app package before udpating C2.

• We removed WinJS from the C2 export since we didn't need it for anything, but Microsoft's own ad SDK apparently requires it. They said they are working on an update to remove the dependency too. I asked MS for an update on the status of the ad SDK before the stable release and they never got back to me. I didn't want to hold up the stable release over some unspecified release date for an MS component, so it's out anyway. Hopefully MS will update the ad SDK soon and remove the WinJS dependency. Until then you can roll back to the last stable if it's a problem.

• Ashley, That's a bummer. Do the older releases work with Xbone?

• How can I use the old version with Steam?

PS: I want to know this too.

My "old" app pack does not allow me to enable Xbox One. Does this only work with the new updated WinStore Plugin?

Or do I just have to add another reference to make it work for Xbox? Would be nice to submit my apps for Xbox.

• Steam makes it really hard to use specific versions. Maybe your best bet there is just to add WinJS back in to the Visual Studio project.

• Ok. I will try it. I downloaded it from here: http://try.buildwinjs.com/download/GetWinJS/

I try if it works after putting the winjs folder in the project folder.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I put the WinJS folder in the output folder but could not add it to the solution explorer in Visual Studio. I tried drag and drop and add folder but it said there is already a folder called WinJS. I renamed it and then added every single file and folder from older exports with "Add Existing File" so it has the same structure but now this error appears:

Unhandled exception at line 521, column 118 in ms-appx://9064ac0d-c2b3-486f-b2cf-21086a86a3a4/c2runtime.js

0x803f6107 - JavaScript runtime error: Unknown runtime error

vs studio shows this at the position mentioned above: this.iq.licenseInformation.addEventListener("licensechanged",function()

Any ideas how to fix this?

• I just tested it with a new project and when I add the WinStore Plugin I get an error, but in a different line. I create a bug report for it. Dont know if it is t he same here and hope it can be fixed soon. Cant update my apps.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)