Native Sharing Possible with Minified Script?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
The plugin allows you to open OS settings on iOS 8/9/10 and Android.
  • Hello from the other side,

This post is to discuss the possibility of making sharing a screenshot/message possible with minified script export fro construct!

As we know there are various plugins out there to get a share button to work, mostly used plugins are:

1)Josek SocialSharing Plugin with eddy plugin on gthub

2)Cocoon Share Plugin with Cocoon Compiler

3)Javascript called through browser plugin with eddy plugin on github (https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1457/screenshot-sharing-ios-android/page-4)

but as far as i tested non of them works after minifying script while construct 2 export, now i want to minify the script cause it makes the script harder to hack but i also need native sharing to work!

So the question is whether native sharing is possible with minified script?

Lets start with thoughts....

• Bump!

No one has a clue yet! will wait for a few more days and then have to lose minifying script because sharing game is important feature and sadly construct 2 does not have it as a default feature :(

• Nothing So far! Can't get share button to work with minified script!

• 78 views and no reply!

Will wait for a few more days!

Please help someone if you can as i need sharing to work with minified script for safety of my app's database!

Edit: Views 93 Suggestions 0 :p :D Common Someone ???

• Make your screenshot/share JavaScript external, loaded in the index.html file, then call it from Construct maybe?

Really, minifying your script doesn't do much to stop someone decompiling it. They point of minify is to decrease download time.

See: unminify (dot) com

• Jayjay

I did not understand the way you are suggesting and i tried minify dot com, it certainly shows minifying scripts is not a safe method anymore and i wanted sharing to work with minify because i wanted to keep my game code secure so i simply won't minify scripts from now on, the sharing works fine without minifying!

Thanks a lot for helping me on this! :)

Edit: Jayjay is one of the most talent singers, i love her song sea green see blue! :D

• Glad I could help a little! and hadn't heard that song before but it sounds good, thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Really, minifying your script doesn't do much to stop someone decompiling it. They point of minify is to decrease download time.

See: unminify (dot) com

Jayjay is this specifically to Android only or it affects ios Apps swell?

is there anything you can do to make it harder to steal the code if you don't Minify?

Thanks for the Info

• Android APKs can be decompiled, Unity Engine games can be decompiled.

Basically anything you can do to protect the game for real is so intensive to do it isn't worth it.

• It's straightforward to support script minification. It involves a few trivial changes. Just ask the addon developers to fix it if it's broken by minifying.

• The point is that minified or not, you're not "protecting" anything:

christianheilmann.com/2012/12/08/on-protecting-html5-apps

• Android APKs can be decompiled, Unity Engine games can be decompiled.

Basically anything you can do to protect the game for real is so intensive to do it isn't worth it.

I see

I was asking because searching on Google for this topic it always comes up with results for Android Apps, I couldn't find anything related to ios Apps then I thought that maybe they have more protection on Apple

Thank you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)