Multiple Selection in Object Window?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Selection frame like in RTS games, works both on mobile and desktop devices.
  • When I have multiple sprites on top of each other it would be nice to be able to grap them all at the same time so they are positioned identically to their new destination.

Could we please have the ability to shift select objects in the Object Window?

Unless there is some other way I am missing?

• I believe Multi-select in the Objects bar has been suggested. So it is probably on the To-Do list.

However it selects all of a kind, so if you have some in two stacks and want to grab one stack, you are better off with dragging a box around the stack you want selected.

That can be tricky when there are some you don't want selected. I make a temporary layer and move things to that layer, locking and unlocking layers so I only grab what I want.

• I make a temporary layer and move things to that layer, locking and unlocking layers so I only grab what I want.

Yes I have found layers to be quite useful as a non-runtime tool. But the problem is they impact on FPS. It would be nice if there was a layer kind of facility that had no use in-game and therefore had no impact on performance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, it would be nice being able to select objects that are sort of hidden behind things or to be able to select a group of objects more easily.

One of the following would be nice.

1. Shift-selecting from objects menu as was just mentioned in this thread.

2. Selecting all objects in a container.

3. Selecting all objects in a layer.

The only way I can do it now is have everything I need to select in one layer, and then draw a bow around them. Or if I just want one thing, I need to move stuff out of the way and then line them up again which can be tricky and time consuming.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)