Multiplayer Web browser, on desktop and Mobiles(iOS/android)

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the Construct Starter Kit Collection and the Student Workbook from the Workshop.
  • Hello guys, I'm new on this forum, nice to meet you to all.

I would like to know if the Multiplayer plugin of Construct2 have compatibility on and between Safari, Chrome, iE9 and Firefox. Also if have compatibility on and between mobile browsers. And also between Desktop and mobile webbrowser.

Thanks in advance.

• I investigated more about WebRTC, and seems that Chrome and Firefox is the best option. However, I would like to know if the Multiplayer plugin have compatibility between:

Desktop (Chrome, Firefox) <-> Android web browser (Chrome, Firefox)

Thanks!

• Are you trying to ask if the multiplayer is crossplatform (or everyone plays on one server), then yes, if you set it up this way. The only reason you wouldn't want to be the case is A. The devices have different versions of the game, so they don't function the same way, or B. They device you ported it to doesn't allow this. (For instance, if you port to Wii U, I'd assume that it'd be in part of the agreements when porting to it that you don't do that, ESPECIALLY if it can be played on competing consoles), but that's about it.

I actually haven't testing on mobile, but I think it should work. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't, judging by the way it works. If you wanted, you should be able to port the game to every device Construct 2 can offer and the multiplayer should still work the same.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • IIRC the tests I saw were working on my tablet with others using a PC, I was using chrome for android, not sure if the others were only using chrome or also other browsers.

• WebRTC is a standard so any platform that supports it should be interoperable with all the other platforms. Currently only Chrome and Firefox support it, but it should be picked up by other browsers over time.

• What about Chrome for iOS?

• What about Chrome for iOS?

Currently Chrome for IOS is just a re-skin of safari, unless that has changed over the past few months.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)