Multiplayer testing over android devices

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Hey guys,

Has anyone successfully tested mulyiplayer over android devices. I tried over the cjs app but it didn't work. I assume because the game was only being previewed through the app and not directly running from the phone.

So has anyone been able to connect one android device to another and play successfully?

• It's estabished that CJS does not have WebRTC. Use FireFox Aurora builds or Chrome Android.

• jayderyu

Thanks , i didn't know that. Have any idea if it works with crosswalk?.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • jayderyu

Thanks , i didn't know that. Have any idea if it works with crosswalk?.

I haven't tested, but crosswalk uses google chrome mobile browser, so it should work. Easy enough to test, just export a multiplayer demo using android, and follow the crosswalk tutorial.

EDIT: Yip it works. Chrome for android just released update today as well which fixes a lot of issues. Connection issue chrome to chrome, but firefox to chrome android worked flawlessly. I suspect a update for chrome pc is coming to sort issues.

• Note that Crosswalk is a few releases behind the current Chrome for Android version so you won't get that update right away.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)