Is multiplayer supported?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Hello, I'm new to this community so maybe this has been answered already but I couldn't find the truth through the forum search function, so let me ask you:

Is multiplayer supported? By supported I mean in the form of networking code already well developed and polished so there's no lag or cpu issues handling at least 100+ players in a classic 2D Tibia-like game. It doesn't matter if it's community-made addons/plugins/whatever, I just want to know if we have have to write the whole thing, because if we do, then we may use another engine with prebuilt networking

If the answer to the previous question is yes, where can we find project examples for Standalone multiplayer games? As much as we love the built-in "Multiplayer pong" in HTML5, that doesn't help us a lot.

We're considering buying the full license if this is doable.

• Btw, "Multiplayer not supported" message in the default browser of the latest version of Windows. Multiplayer doesn't work at all in Internet Explorer! But there are no other options for multiplayer like executable or java! Makes me wonder why they thought that snippet could help new users to build a game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You obviously know multiplayer is supported as you reference one of the built-in demos.

Maybe the multi-part tutorial written by Ashley will answer some of your questions:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/892/multiplayer-tutorial-1-concepts

• You obviously know multiplayer is supported as you reference one of the built-in demos.

Maybe the multi-part tutorial written by Ashley will answer some of your questions:

Nope. I already knew what peer to peer was so the tutorial was completely useless for me. You can't have 100 players in peer to peer. You could've just told me that multiplayer isn't supported the way I want to (server-client).

• It is possible to create a seperate server and client.

In a basic sense the first instance of the game works as a server.

It is even possible to have multiple servers open for different world or area instances.

You can also have a seperate project work as the server.

Only thing I don't believe is possible is dynamically creating and destroying server shards in realtime.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)