Multiplayer plugin question

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Hi,

I have experience with multiplayer games with construct 2 but using websockets and a backend in C# but it was reallly a lots of work for just someone like me. Now that we have a multiplayer plugin.. it is possible to use it to host a server and handling player data as a dedicated server. (Where the host doesn't play..) ? If that the case.. this might be an interesting solution. I don't like p2p multiplayers game because it tend to be open to cheater and they are way too easy to hack which centric servers actually have less to care about (if you validating your data offcourse).

So basically, it is possible to use that plugin to make a backend ?

Thanks!

• i cannot answer about the dedicated part but I do know that p2p and dedicated server does not matter too much in the fact that cheaters can happen either way. WIth a dedicated you have more control, but it still does not eliminate cheating 100%.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am sorry, but there is an huge difference. In a P2P application, you can modify the client or even worse the host can modify data exchanged between players. In a dedicated solution where the host is only controlled by you (and not another player i am not talking about a dedicated server distributed to players so they can host a server i am talking about a centric server solution), you have 100% control on what is validated when it reach the server and you can implement checks in order to avoid cheating. Sure that always depend on how good the checks are implemented but there is no way a client can cheat this way. The client is only a representation of the state of the game sent by the server. The server only receive input. The only thing a client can do is modifying the input.. that why the checks are there. To see if its valid or not. Not saying its an easy task.. to be honest its not easy.

Here i am only talking about data cheating.. there are other ways to cheat. Which is a big problem in FPS.. poeple tend to use aim support which happen on client. This unfortunally is harder to counter and require third party anti-hacking software.. but this is only a thin protection to be honest.

• I second Rushino, and I think the ability to launch a server with the multiplayer plugin would be amazing. But I don't think it's technically available. Someone would probably have to code their own open source server specifically for the C2 engine to connect to. Otherwise we'd be stuck with having to load up a modified peer to host everything, which IMO would be awful.

• I second Rushino, and I think the ability to launch a server with the multiplayer plugin would be amazing. But I don't think it's technically available. Someone would probably have to code their own open source server specifically for the C2 engine to connect to. Otherwise we'd be stuck with having to load up a modified peer to host everything, which IMO would be awful.

Then that sad news. I think we should also support advanced features. It seem the multiplayer plugin had only mobile in mind (which make it harder to modify client code..)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)