How to modify the visible area (doted line area) so my background can be visible at the center?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
solution for games like "fruit ninja" and drawing applications
  • Hello,

I am trying to make my background become visible at the center of the screen but unfortunately, my background is only visible at the left side of the screen and there is a big white space located at the right side of the screen when I preview my layout. Can someone suggest me a solution so my background can be at the center of my screen when I preview my layout rather than at the left? Here's a picture so you can understand my issue:

The appearance of my layout in Contruct 2:

The preview of my layout with the big white space located at the right side of the screen:

Tagged:

• Just drag your background image to the center in layout view. Alternatively, click once on your background image and hit C on your keyboard.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • To Lancifer:

If you observe the previous images that I have submitted, my image is already over the layout but when I preview my layout the image appears at the left side of the screen. I was wondering how I can make my image appear at the center of the screen just like this picture for example:

• Right. You have to center it (or resize it) to fit in the dotted-line box. That box represents what you see on-screen when you run the game.

That space-shooter screenshot is like that because the layout is sized vertically (height is larger than width) and is centered automatically in the browser. Layouts are always centered.

Open that space-shooter project and look at the layout for it. You will see that the background is stretched to fit over the dotted-line box.

• To Lancifer:

How can I stretch the layout to fit over the dotted-line box? Tell me the steps I have to follow.

Thank you!

• Are you seriously saying you don't know how to resize an image? Or resize a layout?

Like I said in my previous post, look at the space-shooter project and see how it was done. I really don't know how to explain it any simpler.

• To Lancifer:

Do you think that it's possible to reduce the visible area (dotted lines)?

Thank you!

• The Dotted-line box is your window size. It's what is visible when you run your game. You set the size of it in your Project's Properties panel.

• Ok Thank you I have solved the problem.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)