Memory usage warning - possible to remove?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Memory game, with 10 levels for you to have fun. Made in Construct3, template available for purchase.
  • Hello everyone!

C2 displays a warning everytime the project's estimated memory usage goes upwards of 1gb. I understand why this message exists and how it would apply to most developers targeting mobile platforms, however I'm targeting desktop computers and use HD resolution with hand drawn animation sprites, so reaching upwards of 1gb happens fairly naturally!

To be clear: this is not an asset optimization issue, and the game functions perfectly well even when upwards of 1gb memory usage. The warning message popping up constantly however simply makes it rather difficult to work, so I'm just looking to disable it.

I was wondering and hoping it's possible to disable that warning message?

Thanks a lot in advance!

• I don't see that in the preference dialog, I saw one of your games (Honey rose, did not tried it yet) and I must say it seems quite impressive, so that option is to remove it is legit.

+1 for me (and even more so when we know that the current practice is to have a dump layout where we put everything that will never be loaded)

• Yup, I'm all for this as well. Ashley just hide the option in preferences or something if you want to avoid newcomers turning off this message without fully understanding what it means.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Giving this a bump since an option to shut down that notification shouldn't be too hard and you obviously need it.

• Thanks all for your support of this!

I'm pushing this for some more visibility, as I'm soon approaching the point I'll *really* need it to make any progress!

• Small bump in hope to at least hear some official word about this!

• It's on my todo list to remove the prompt in the next beta.

• It's on my todo list to remove the prompt in the next beta.

Fantastic! Thank you very much, and I'll be eagerly looking forward to the next beta, then

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)