In October 2016
The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the
most recent release of Construct 2
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read Bug report requirements before posting and providing all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.
- v0.18.1 (Chromium 54) [Requires r217+]
- Get the latest and current version and make sure you are using the appropriate Construct 2 release : https://www.scirra.com/nwjs
Third part addons
- Make a game for AirConsole - Win $10,000 cash - In this guest post by the people at AirConsole, learn more about this platform where you can play games using mobile phones as controller. There is a huge contest going on with impressive cash prizes for the games that will win it. Perhaps yours ?
- Let us promote your Construct 2 games! - In this article, Laura, Scirra's newly appointed social media manager, explains how to submit your games to her so that she can post about them on Scirra's social network and help your game get more attention on the way. The post is also filled with overall good advices for promotion and putting professional looking work out there.
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
Halloween has been spooky, C2's content has been richer.
Don't forget that now Scirra can help you promote your games and a big contest with big money is going on.
And just make games...
See you next month.