In November 2017
C2 New releases
The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the
most recent release of Construct 2
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read Bug report requirements before posting and provide all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.
Third part addons
No new WebGL FX this month
- User Saiyadjin did a big job putting in place in July 2017 this google doc which attempts to add descriptions to add ons and effects and determine if they are up to date or not.
You can check the document or check for yourself directly in the forums' topics.
- Construct 3 on the Asus Tinker board - An article in which Ashley tries out and find really nice performances on using Construct 3 and executing games on the single board Asus Tinker Board with a quick comparison with the Raspberry Pi.
C3 New releases
- r66 - Several bug fixes and improvements.
- r66.2 - Another patch to fix some bugs.
- r66.3 - Hotfix for issue in r66.2.
- r67 - User interface improvements, bug fixes.
- r68 - Maintenance release + SDK update.
- r69 - More maintenance and bug fixes.
- r69.2 - Hotfix for two issues in r69.
- r70 - Lots of bug fixes, and a new in-progress Czech translation.
- r70.2 - Hotfix for r70.
- Find all the releases and changelogs on the new website https://www.construct.net/gb/make-games/releases.
Construct 3 is currently going under a period of public beta test which does not represent the final quality of release.
Please help with testing and be sure to keep an eye on further developments coming for it if you are interested about this software.
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 3 you can report your bugs on github following the instructions and templates provided there.
You can also provide suggestions on the features suggestion platform at https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/.
You can discuss Construct 3 in this forum.
Remember, as announced, ultimately forums and other community related discussion channels will be moved to the new https://www.construct.net.
Construct 3 now has an English online manual ! Be sure to read it : https://www.construct.net/gb/make-games/manuals/construct-3
If you talk a different language, you may also take part into translating Construct 3 and possibly getting a free subscription for it.
Read more on this in this forum.
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
It is the season, see you all next year