In May 2017
C2 New releases
- No new release, the current Release 244 Stable is still the release to use.
The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the
most recent release of Construct 2
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read Bug report requirements before posting and provide all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.
No new release
- Get the latest and current version and make sure you are using the appropriate Construct 2 release : https://www.scirra.com/nwjs
Third part addons
- Good things come in threes - Game jam - An article in which Laura indicates us that the New Ground Game Jam for Construct 3 is going to last two weeks, during which Construct 3 will be fully unlocked. I'm afraid that if you learn about that game jam in this summary, you've missed on it and the Free subscription year for the three first games of the game jam.
- It's time to jam - An article in which Laura indicates the rules, deadlines and prizes for the Newground GameJam.
- NW.JS improvements in Construct 3 - An article in which Ashley presents the improvements made to export to desktop through NW.JS in Construct 3.
- Construct 3 mobile app build service now live - An article in which Ashley presents the app build service Scirra has been working on.
C3 New releases
- r24 - Scirra Arcade exporter, design updates, and performance tweaks.
- r25 - A number of smaller changes and a new testing mode for SDK developers.
- r26 - Bug fixes and ready for game jam!
- r27 - Exporter fixes and start of the game jam!
- r28 - UI updates and loads of bug fixes!
- r29 - A number of improvements and fixes, and the build service is now live!
- r29.2 - Two important bug fixes for r29
- r30 - Another big batch of bug fixes.
- r31 - Windows UWP export update, some more additions, and even more bug fixes
- r32 - A big batch of changes, compatibility, and bug fixes.
- Find all the releases and changelogs on the new website https://www.construct.net/fr/make-games/releases
Construct 3 is currently going under a period of public beta test which does not represent the final quality of release.
Please help with testing and be sure to keep an eye on further developments coming for it if you are interested about this software.
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 3 you can report your bugs on github following the instructions and templates provided there.
You can discuss Construct 3 in this forum.
Remember, as announced, ultimately forums and other community related discussion channels will be moved to the new https://www.construct.net.
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
Construct 3 is now on sale, you can subscribe to it on https://construct.net.
The results of the Newground gamejam should be posted during June.
Works keeps on Construct 2 and Construct 3.