In March 2014
The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the
most recent release of Construct 2
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read How to report bugs before posting and providing all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.
Third part addons
- 1 million downloads - An article to announce the millionth download of Construct2 and remind of the special 24 hours raffle downloading Construct2 that day was entering users into.
- Raffle winners - An article that lists the winners of the raffle and the price they won, as well as how to claim their prizes. Congratulations to all winners.
- A safer BitCoin exchange - An article presenting the current state of BitCoin exchanges and proposing as well as wondering about solutions to make them more secure.
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
About two months after the introduction of the new forums, there are still some quirks that need to be ironed out and Tom is hard at work chasing them.
But overall, the new forums are far more robusts and allow for a better navigation, a very nicely working Search function that is a great help finding out any information.
The community is active as never and has been quick to take over the different forums categories and fill them with support and useful informations.
That closes this summary post for March, see you next month.