In June 2017
C2 New releases
The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the
most recent release of Construct 2
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read Bug report requirements before posting and provide all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.
- v0.23.0 (Chromium 59) [Requires r217+]
- Get the latest and current version and make sure you are using the appropriate Construct 2 release : https://www.scirra.com/nwjs
Third part addons
- No new webGL FX this month
- Construct 3 Plans now available for purchase - An article in which Laura announces the Plans are available for purchase, Construct 2 owners can order in with their discount nevertheless Construct 3 is currently still in beta.
- We have a winner - An article in which Tom announces the winners of the Construct 3 GameJam that occured late May. A collection of 10 nice games, the top 3 of which earned a free year of Construct 3.
- HTML imports are the best web component - An article by Ashley that explains a bit what Construct 3 is made of under the hood and how it works. Also an article as a warning since Google seems to be willing to remove HTML imports in the future to the disappointment of Ashley.
- Layout is the next frontier of web app performance - An article in which Ashley explains one of the real-world performance issue the team encounters: Layout calculation/handling in browser and a call to browser vendors to take it more seriously.
C3 New releases
- r33 - A number of usability improvements.
- r34 - SVG raster size, background cloud uploads, more usability improvements.
- r35 - More bug fixes and some usability tweaks.
- r36 - Access codes, split Cordova exporter, and more.
- r37 - Back button support on mobile, popup remote preview, more bug fixes.
- r38 - Themes support, usability improvements, architectural changes.
- r38.2 - Themes support, usability improvements, architectural changes.
- r39 - Re-land the architectural change originally made for r38.
- r40 - 'Pick last created', safe mode, memory optimisation & more bug fixes.
- r41 - Built-in dark theme, Xbox Live updates, bug fixes.
- r42 - Preview now runs on preview.construct.net.
- r42.2 - Hotfix for issue in r42.
- r42.3 - Patching a couple more issues in r42.
- Find all the releases and changelogs on the new website https://www.construct.net/fr/make-games/releases
Construct 3 is currently going under a period of public beta test which does not represent the final quality of release.
Please help with testing and be sure to keep an eye on further developments coming for it if you are interested about this software.
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 3 you can report your bugs on github following the instructions and templates provided there.
You can discuss Construct 3 in this forum.
Remember, as announced, ultimately forums and other community related discussion channels will be moved to the new https://www.construct.net.
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
The work still goes on on Construct 2 and Construct 3.
Have a good start of summer if it is summer in your part of the world.