In July 2017
C2 New releases
The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the
most recent release of Construct 2
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read Bug report requirements before posting and provide all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.
- v0.24.0 (Chromium 60) [Requires r217+]
- v0.23.0 (Chromium 59) [Requires r217+]
- Get the latest and current version and make sure you are using the appropriate Construct 2 release : https://www.scirra.com/nwjs
Third part addons
- User Saiyadjin did a big job putting in place in July 2017 this google doc which attempts to add descriptions to add ons and effects and determine if they are up to date or not.
You can check the document or check for yourself directly in the forums' topics.
C3 New releases
- r43 - Supports using accounts offline.
- r44 - Updated Dark theme, bug fixes.
- r45 - Maintenance release with many bug fixes.
- r46 - Some new additions.
- Find all the releases and changelogs on the new website https://www.construct.net/fr/make-games/releases.
Construct 3 is currently going under a period of public beta test which does not represent the final quality of release.
Please help with testing and be sure to keep an eye on further developments coming for it if you are interested about this software.
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 3 you can report your bugs on github following the instructions and templates provided there.
You can discuss Construct 3 in this forum.
Remember, as announced, ultimately forums and other community related discussion channels will be moved to the new https://www.construct.net.
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
Summer in Europe, good holidays for those who will have/are on holidays.
We will see you back in September !