In July 2015
The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the
most recent release of Construct 2
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read Bug report requirements before posting and providing all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.
Third part addons
Other tools and WebGL effects related discussions:
- Construct 2 business license sale - An article in which Tom mentions a sale for the business license and business license upgrade. It was only for 6 days though, so if you are only finding out about it through this sum up, I'm afraid you missed on it.
- DeceptionJam winners, Plastic carrot awarded - An article in which Tom announces the winners for the DeceptionJam that happened during June.
- Scirra arcade reaches 1000 games - An article in which Ashley sums up the three months of existence of the beta arcade, hitting the milestone of a thousand games uploaded there.
- Construct 2 Sale + Raffle - An article in which Tom announces a sale on Construct 2 personal licenses, with some of the buyers getting automatically extended to a business license or getting stickers, badges and even rubber bands out of a raffle. If you are only finding about it through this sum up and that it's past the 1st August, I'm afraid you missed on it and should definitely follow Scirra's social networks to learn about such opportunities when they happen.
- Super exciting new competition - In this article Tom does two things. First he presents a new game making contest hosted by Scirra and that will run up until 12th Setpember. The article present the prize pool as well as the theme for the contest : Underground. He also has a couple of lists of the winners of the raffle that went on during the sale mentioned in the previous blog post.
Understanding CPU and memory measurements - An article in which Ashley goes and explains the reality between some of the measurement numbers C2 provides such as fps, cpuutilisation and ImageMemoryUsage. A technical article that helps though avoiding some of the caveats of performance measurement.
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
Have a nice August month whether its summer month in your part of the world or not.
Have a nice go at C2's Underground contest and make nice games for it.
See you next month.