In January 2015
The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the
most recent release of Construct 2
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read How to report bugs before posting and providing all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.
Third part addons
- Evolving Construct 2's export options - An article in which Ashley makes the point on the various exporters available (especially targeting mobile export) with Construct 2 as of January 2015.
- The future of Construct - An article in which Ashley speaks about the next step for the Construct franchise. The idea of Construct 3 is officially announced.
- Scirra Store Winter Sale - Tom announces sales in Scirra's online store, and especially a 30% discount on Construct 2 Licenses until the 3rd February 2015.
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
A nice start of year.
Lots of activity, Construct 3 has been officially announced and a sale.
About C3, despite still being described as an hypothesis coming after at least a year of work a lot of people had their imagination running in the forums on the subject.
Just remember, nothing is set in stone yet, and most of things are yet to be considered. Don't expect definitive answers for now. For now the focus is still Construct 2 and in the long run, projects you made in Construct 2 should work in C3 with no issue. So don't refrain, if you want to use and consider buying C2 go for it now.
Also if you are reading this post before the 3rd February, you might want to take advantage of Scirra's Winter Sales and grab some C2 licenses while they are on discount.
See you next month.