In December 2017
C2 New releases
The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the
most recent release of Construct 2
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read Bug report requirements before posting and provide all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.
- v0.27.2 (Chromium 63) [Requires r217+]
- v0.27.0 (Chromium 63) [Requires r217+]
- Get the latest and current version and make sure you are using the appropriate Construct 2 release : https://www.scirra.com/nwjs
Third part addons
- User Saiyadjin did a big job putting in place in July 2017 this google doc which attempts to add descriptions to add ons and effects and determine if they are up to date or not.
You can check the document or check for yourself directly in the forums' topics.
- Launching Construct 3: Now out of beta! - An article in which Ashley announces the new release cycle for Construct 3 with the first stable release, Paypal being available as a payment mean and even more features being worked on in order to be released during 2018.
- The web platform in 2017 - An article in which Ashley sums up the technology improvement that hit the web platform during 2017 and how it impacts/is used in Construct 2 and Construct 3.
C3 New releases
- r71 - Stable - First stable release.
- r72 - Beta - Russian translation, four new in-progress languages, and lots of bug fixes.
- r73 - Beta - iPhone X viewport support, in-progress Hungarian translation, and several bug fixes.
- Find all the releases and changelogs on the new website https://www.construct.net/gb/make-games/releases.
Construct 3 is currently going under a period of public beta test which does not represent the final quality of release.
Please help with testing and be sure to keep an eye on further developments coming for it if you are interested about this software.
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 3 you can report your bugs on github following the instructions and templates provided there.
You can also provide suggestions on the features suggestion platform at https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/.
You can discuss Construct 3 in this forum.
Remember, as announced, ultimately forums and other community related discussion channels will be moved to the new https://www.construct.net.
Construct 3 now has an English online manual ! Be sure to read it : https://www.construct.net/gb/make-games/manuals/construct-3
If you talk a different language, you may also take part into translating Construct 3 and possibly getting a free subscription for it.
Read more on this in this forum.
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
2018 is there, so is Construct 3 !
Show us your games this year !
We do wish a very happy new year to every one of you !