Maximum project size

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • Hello! Is there a technical limit on how big the project can be in construct 2?

By that I mean... will a project break If its size passes 500,1000,2000 MB? Or has too many animations/events/sounds?

I am currently making a project with a lot of different sprites and content in general, so I am wondering if I'll ever meet a stone wall that makes it break/won't let me save/export to nw.js etc.

Obviously I won't be using all the sprites/events/sounds at once ^^, just a lot of stuff in a single project. Also I use .caproj for that one.

I tried googling it up, and couldn't find a specific answer :p.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello! Is there a technical limit on how big the project can be in construct 2?

By that I mean... will a project break If its size passes 500,1000,2000 MB? Or has too many animations/events/sounds?

I am currently making a project with a lot of different sprites and content in general, so I am wondering if I'll ever meet a stone wall that makes it break/won't let me save/export to nw.js etc.

Obviously I won't be using all the sprites/events/sounds at once ^^, just a lot of stuff in a single project. Also I use .caproj for that one.

I tried googling it up, and couldn't find a specific answer :p.

There are no limits enforced by C2 itself but you got the obvious OS limits kicking in when your game reaches a certain size. Not enough system space, memory or just power to process things fast. Large projects (really large) can cause slowdowns inside the editor. My largest project takes more than 5sec to switch between layout and event sheet view for example.

Exported projects are basically the same without the editor overhead. I'd say a common issue for large games you could expect to experience, is the 32bit memory limit of 4gb. Easy to workaround by simply using the 64bit version of your game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)