What in your opinion should be the steps after you finalized your game (or even before)?
what do you do next? what do you think is the path to get it most noticeable?
But what would be your personal steps?
Polish your game even further, there is always room for major or minor improvements.
Then depending on your target platform you should focus on finding the right distribution platform.
While on mobiles you pretty much only have the option to use the official stores, HTML5/Web distribution has a variety of options like:
- Steam (Mostly used for desktop games [NWjs], recommended for "bigger" games.)
- Itch.io (Platform with many users, mostly mature "Let's Players", also great for game testing.)
- Gamejolt (Platform with many users, mostly below the age of 14, good for game testing.)
- Kongregate (Platform with a good amount of users, official C2 support included.)
- Facebook Games (A lot of users, official C2 support included.)
- Newgrounds (Platform with a good amount of users, mostly below the age of 18.)
- Scirra Arcade 2.0 (Official C2 support, still in BETA and a bit buggy sometimes.)
These are not all platforms, just the ones I know and I've tested.
Generally polish your game+webpage as good as possible and try to add custom features based on what your distribution platform has to offer.
People want to play unique and engaging games, so try to do something by yourself and don't steal the idea by someone else.
Feel free to ask for more help if you have any questions left.