Ludei - TERMS OF USE ???

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • When tried to compile to CocoonJS is says that I must read and agree to the "TERMS OF USE" .

I must admit, I am not a big fan of reading this legal stuff, since most of the stuff I do not understand...

But doing a speed reading I came across section 6. License Grant

From what my english allows me to understand, it says that by uploading to their site I give them the right to own my material as a royalty-free licence , granting them the permission to reproduce, modify, publish...etc

Anyone else is concerning about this?

EULA

• From summary at top it states: "Ludei provides developers with tools to turn applications in one format into iOS and Android native applications. Users upload code via the Services, which converts the code into two temporary downloadable files and then deletes the original code. The user's intellectual property is respected and protected."

then as you said and I read it has License Grant. "...do so grant, to Ludei, a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content..."

seems that the summary is contradicting what is stated in the terms.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What it means is that your material is under your ownership.

However, the package that you produced is that section 6 talks about. They have the "do so grant, to Ludei, a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content..."

the licence listed is for the purpose of adding a logo which counts for "reproduce, modify, publish, to also list name, likeness...." this is because the outputted version is a derivative product.If you don't agree to the modifications and reproduction, then they can't legally produce the package APK or IOS version.

• Thank you for clarifying this for me !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)