Local Multiplayer LAN Game (with hotspot without internet)

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Ludo Local Multiplayer board game can be played by 2 to 4 players
  • Hello everyone,

Has anyone ever made a local multiplayer LAN game with construct 2 ?

By local multiplayer i mean like "mini militia" where two or more players in a room can connect to one player's hotspot connection without internet and play together locally.

I searched about it im forums and found that each topic about this ended with uncertainity.... So i just want to clear this up for myself and future readers of this post who might me wondering too, whether this is even possible or not with construct 2?

I am asking this because its such a basic feature in lots of simple games now....

So i invite you all to share your thoughts on thia topic.

thank you

• Bump!

• Has anyone ever made a local multiplayer LAN game with construct 2 ?

By local multiplayer i mean like "mini militia" where two or more players in a room can connect to one player's hotspot connection without internet and play together locally.

I'm going to venture out a no here.

I searched about it im forums and found that each topic about this ended with uncertainity.... So i just want to clear this up for myself and future readers of this post who might me wondering too, whether this is even possible or not with construct 2?

Technically it should be possible. AFAIK it comes down to integrating a local WebRTC signalling server into your app, which is probably beyond the scope of these forums.

• Hi oosyrag

thanks for replying, do you mean to say that "integrating a local WebRTC signalling server into your app" is not possible by us(indie developers)? also is it costly?

and do we have a guide/tutorial of how can we implement it?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I do not know how to do it, and I haven't seen any guides on how to either. Never said it was impossible, just I expect it highly unlikely that anyone here would walk you through it. I don't see any reason why an indie developer wouldn't be able to if they were motivated enough to. Many games with this feature are made by indie developers.

Costly not really from a dollar sense, as there are many free resources online that document WebRTC and JavaScript, but I would guess very costly in terms of time if you were to research and learn how to do it. Or costly if you were to hire someone to develop it for you then yes.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)